About Dr. Madhav Tamhankar:
Dr. Madhav Tamhankar is a Nephrologist/Renal Specialist in Vadodara and has an experience of 8 years in this field. He completed DNB - General Medicine from the National Board of Examination in 2010 and DNB - Nephrology from the National Board of Examination in 2015. (ECFMG Certified)
|2015||DNB Nephrology||National Board of Examinations|
|2010||DNB Internal Medicine||National Board of Examinations|
|MBBS||Maharashtra University of Health Science|
|2008||Step 2 CS||United States Medical Licensing Examination|
|2007||USMLE Step 1 & Step 2||United States Medical Licensing Examination|
|ECFMG Certified||Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates|
|2016||Nephrology||Consultant Nephrology||Sterling Hospital, Vadodara, Gujarat|
|2013||Nephrology||Clinical Training||Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore|
|2011 - 2012||Cardiac, Respiratory, CVA & Gastro intestinal||Registrar, MICU||Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai|
|2005 - 2006||Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics||Clinical Training||King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai|
|2007||Emergency Medical Cases and Legal Aspects of Cases||Registrar, Casualty||P. D. Hinduja National Hospital, Mumbai|
|2007||Emergency Cardiac, Respiratory, CVA & Gastro intestinal||Houseman, MICU||Rajawadi Hospital, Mumbai|
|none||ON CALL APPOINTMENT -|
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE IN NEPHROLOGY
– Hemodialysis (Acute, Chronic, SLED, CRRT)
– Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD, APD)
- Management of Acute Kidney Injury
- Management of Chronic Kidney Diseases and End-Stage Renal Failure
- Renal Transplant
– Pre Transplant evaluation of donor and recipient
– Short Term and Long Term Management of transplant recipients
– Transplant Immunology – HLA Typing, Antibody detection by various methods like Luminex, Flow Cytometry, etc.
- Management of Glomerulonephritis
- Vascular access placement for acute and chronic dialysis
- Tunneled and non tunneled catheter insertion
- Plasma Pheresis for renal and non-renal indications
- Renal Pathology
– Native as well as Transplant Kidney Biopsy
– Interpretation of Renal Biopsy
- QI Projects and research projects
- End of Life care and medical ethics in nephrology
ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE IN NEPHROLOGY
- Thesis and Research Work: Prevalence of intradialytic hypertension and the effects of ultra-filtration rate and dialysate sodium concentration on intradialytic hypertension.
- Active Participation in journal clubs, grand rounds, case discussions, case presentations.
- Active participation in Nephro – pathology, Nephro – urology, Nephro – radiology meetings.
- Attended various conferences and other local and national CMEs.
EXPERIENCE IN INTERNAL MEDICINE
- Intubation, Central Line insertion, ICD insertion.
- Independently conducted a polysomnography test.
- Thesis and Research work: Anthropometric predictor of obstructive sleep apnea.