Services:We believe in following and carrying forward our legacy of treating our patients with the best quality treatment available in the country which includes our following services being offered as the treatment for the cardiac or heart problems.
Our Cardiology Services includes the following:
- Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty and Balloon Angioplasty.
- Cardiac Catheterisation and Valvuloplasty.
- Echocardiography (ECG) and Computerised Stress Testing & Holter Monitoring.
- Echocardiography, Colour Doppler & Dobutamine Stress Echo.
- Transesophageal ECG & Radio Frequency Ablation studies.
- Pacemaker Implantation and Percutaneous Closure of ASD.
Our Cardiothoracic and CardioVascular Surgery services includes the following:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Surgery
- VSD Closure
- ASD Closure
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
Coronary artery calcium score (CAC) is considered to be the most accurate score to judge heart disease.
- Blood tests
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Exercise stress test
- Echocardiogram (ultrasound)
- Nuclear cardiac stress test
- Coronary angiogram
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Coronary computed tomography angiogram (CCTA)
A CT coronary angiogram can reveal plaque buildup and identify blockages in the arteries, which can lead to a heart attack.
- Cardiac enzyme tests (including troponin tests) – help diagnose or exclude a heart attack.
- Full blood count (FBC) – this measures different types of blood levels and can show, for example, if there is an infection or if you have anaemia
- Shortness of breath
- Chest discomfort
- Left shoulder pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Heartburn, stomach pain, or back pain
- Swollen feet
- Lack of stamina
The sad fact is that coronary heart disease cannot be cured but treatment can help manage the symptoms and reduce the chances of problems such as heart attacks.
Cardiophobia is defined as an anxiety disorder of persons characterized by repeated complaints of chest pain, heart palpitations, and other somatic sensations accompanied by fears of having a heart attack and of dying.
Surgery or other procedures for heart failure may include:
- Coronary bypass surgery
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs)
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT)
- Ventricular assist devices (VADs)
- Heart transplant
- Statins — to lower LDL cholesterol
- Aspirin — to prevent blood clots
- Clopidogrel — to prevent blood clots
- Warfarin — to prevent blood clots
- Beta-blockers — to treat heart attack and heart failure
High blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, sedentary lifestyle, obesity, diabetes, and smoking are key risk factors for heart disease.
Coronary artery disease, arrhythmia, heart valve disease, and heart failure are the four most common types of heart disease.
Symptoms can range from shortness of breath, fatigue, and dizziness to heart arrhythmia, palpitations, and angina.