At Janvi Multispeciality Hospital, Vadodara, we have a dedicated team of gastroenterologists who deal with problems with the digestive tract, gallbladder, liver, bile ducts and pancreas.
Gastroenterology is a very complex subject and hence there are very few hospitals that have qualified gastrologists. At Janvi Multispeciality Hospital, Vadodara, we have a team of skilled gastrologist doctors and that helps us to rank among the few ‘Best Gastro Care Hospitals’ in Vadodara.
When to visit a gastroenterologist/gastrology doctor?
Your primary care doctor may refer you to a gastroenterologist/gastrologist if you experience the following things:
- have blood in your stool for no obvious reason
- have unexplained difficulty swallowing
- are experiencing acute abdominal pain
You need to visit a gastroenterologist/gastrologist if you have problems relating to:
The small intestine connects the stomach with the large intestine and helps to digest the food we eat. It is the longest part of our digestive system. If you have any problems with the small intestine then you will notice the following symptoms. You need to consult a gastroenterologist/gastrologist/gastrology doctor for a proper diagnosis.
- Celiac disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Intestinal cancer
- Intestinal obstruction
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Ulcers, such as peptic ulcer
Colon refers to the large intestine. It is helpful in removing the waste from our bodies.
The most common diseases of the colon are:
- Inflammatory bowel disease: It causes pain in the abdomen and also inflammation.
- Crohn’s disease: It causes blood in the stools, abdominal pain and diarrhoea.
- Ulcerative colitis: It is also a type of inflammatory condition but it mainly affects the colon and the rectum.
- Diarrhoea: Even a mild infection in the colon can cause diarrhoea. But if the problem persists, then you need to see a gastro care hospital.
Apart from the above, there can be a variety of problems relating to the colon like:
Any type of liver disease like fatty liver, cirrhosis of the liver, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, call for the immediate attention of a gastroenterologist/gastrologist. You need to visit a gastro care hospital for that.
You need to be very alert about vital signs of liver damage like:
- Skin and eyes that appear yellow
- Abdominal pain
- Swelling in the legs and ankles.
- Itchy skin.
- Dark urine colour (yellow)
- Pale stool colour.
- Chronic fatigue.
- Nausea or vomiting.
Do you know that our stomach produces 1.5 litres of acid every single day? The lower esophageal sphincter(LES) is the muscle that keeps the acid trapped inside the stomach.
It is when the LES relaxes and allows the acid to move up in the esophageal track, which we often refer to as acidity. When this phenomenon occurs rarely, it is called acidity but when it happens regularly, it is called GERD. GERD increases the problems of acidity, heartburn and vomiting. You must visit a gastroenterologist/gastrologist/gastrology doctor for such a problem.
The gallbladder is a small organ under the liver that stores bile juice. When we eat something, a bile juice is secreted which helps in the digestion process.
There can be many diseases or complications related to the gallbladder which can be resolved by a gastroenterologist/gastrologist at the gastro hospital in Vadodara.
Problems that can occur in the gallbladder include:
- Gallbladder cancer
- Gallstone pancreatitis
Various tests are conducted to detect gallbladder diseases. Depending on the severity of the disease, a gastroenterologist/gastrologist/gastrology doctor decides what future course of action is needed.
Apart from the above, a gastroenterologist/gastrologist deals in a variety of other problems relating to:
- Bile ducts
- Swallowing problems
What does a gastroenterologist/gastrology doctor do?
At Janvi Hospital, Vadodara, we have a team of doctors who specialize in gastroenterology. A gastroenterologist/gastrology doctor performs the following tests to detect the diseases:
- Colonoscopies -It is performed to detect colon cancer.
- Gastroscopies -They are used to detect intestinal diseases.
- Liver biopsies – They are done to check cirrhosis of the liver, inflammation and fibrosis.
- Endoscopic ultrasounds- They are done to view the gastrointestinal tract.
- Sigmoidoscopies- This test uses a thin tube that is inserted into the colon to identify the cause of the disease.
- Capsule endoscopies- Endoscopies, Colonoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy fails to examine the small intestine. Capsule endoscopy helps us to check the small intestine. All that a patient needs to do is to swallow a small capsule that contains a small camera. The camera sends images to the doctors.
Why should you opt for Janvi Multispeciality Hospital, Vadodara for gastroenterology?
Capsule Endoscopies are painless but they cost a lot. Apart from the cost, they need a specialized gastroenterologist/gastrologist/gastrology doctor who can understand the readings and interpret them correctly. At Janvi Multispeciality Hospital, Vadodara, we have a team of highly skilled doctors to do it.
Janvi Multispeciality Hospital is a trusted name in the field of medicine and among the top multispeciality hospitals in Vadodara.