Physiotherapists can help patient in following process
- Undertake a comprehensive examination of the patient
- Evaluate the findings from the assessment to make clinical judgments regarding patients or clients
- Formulate a diagnosis, prognosis and plan
- Carry out a physical therapist programme
- Conclude the outcomes of any treatments
- Make recommendations for self-management
Some common Physiotherapy treatment includes the following
- Different Motion Exercises
- Heat therapy & Cryotherapy
- Soft Tissue Mobilisation
- Kinesio Taping
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
Physiotherapy (PT) helps to treat orthopedic, neurological, and cardiopulmonary diseases. It treats injuries, ailments, or deformities by using various methods such as massage, heat therapy, exercises, electrotherapy, patient education, and advice. It is also known as physical therapy or kinesiology.
Here are the most common medical conditions treated by physical therapists:
- Lymphedema. Sports Injuries.
- Muscular Dystrophy.
- Back and Neck Pain.
- Limited Range of Motion (ROM)
Exercises stretch, massages, heat, or cold therapy, warm water therapy, or ultrasound to ease muscle pain or spasms. Rehab to help you learn to use an artificial limb.
There is a little difference in the approach followed by them. Physiotherapy involves a hands-on approach and makes skilled use of manual therapy such as stretching, joint mobilization, soft tissue release, etc whereas physical therapy adopts a more exercise-based approach for strengthening muscles, improving balance, etc
8 Types of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Bone Health.
- Joint Health
- Nerve Injuries
- Pain Therapy
- Sports Injuries
- Brain Disorders
- General Physical
The main types of physical therapy subspecialties include:
- Orthopedic Physical Therapy.
- Pediatric Physical Therapy.
- Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Physical Therapy for Age-Related Conditions.
- Physical Therapy for Neurological Conditions.
Keep reading to know the different physiotherapy types that you can receive.
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Rehabilitation and Pain Management
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Some of the conditions that can be treated by physiotherapy include:
- Breast Cancer.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Chronic Pain Syndrome.
- Frozen Shoulder
- Dizziness, Vertigo, and Imbalance.
- Golfer’s Elbow.
Physical therapists cannot make a medical diagnosis. Physicians are healthcare providers that provide you with a medical diagnosis. Whereas physical therapists just implement the things suggested by the physicians.
- Reduce or Eliminate Pain
- Alternative to surgery
- Improve mobility
- Help patients recover from a stroke
- Aid in recovery from sports-related injuries
- Improve balance and prevent balancing problems
- Helps to manage diabetes and vascular conditions